27.7.12

Orange Cake {Vegan}

What you'll need

2 oranges, peeled and cut up

175 g dairy free margarine, I use nuttelex
1 cup of caster sugar
2 cups of SR flour

Lemon icing
1 1/4 cups icing sugar
3 tbs of lemon juice
1 tsp of grated orange rind

Place peeled oranges in food processor, and blend until broken up.
Add margarine and sugar, blend again.
Add flour and blend until well combined.
Place in greased cake tin
Cook at 180˚ for 45-55min.
Place on wire rack to cool.
When cool, ice with lemon icing
sprinkle with the orange rind (optional)

I love this cake, I make it all the time. So easy, so good.

1 comment:

  1. YUMMMMMMMM!!! I think I'm gonna try this out for a baby shower I am planning! Thanks!!
    BTW, my email address is greatexpectations {at} gmail {dot} com
    ♥ Kyna

    ReplyDelete